Healthy, maritime micro-climate, beautiful broad and clean beaches, absence of industry, the offer of modern sports and recreational facilities, also a network of scenic bicycle lanes – they all make it worth coming over here, to spend a dreamt-of holiday on the Baltic.
The principal attraction of the Rewal Coast is beyond doubt the Seaside Narrow Gauge Railway. Put into service in 1896 it is one of 18 public narrow gauge railways in Poland. The rolling stock includes 2 types of carriages and it moves at the speed of 25 km/h . The total length of the line is 40 km and it starts in Gryfice, where the train leaves every day at 8.40, and then it goes in the pendulum mode between Trzęsacz and Pogorzelica thus making 5 lines, with the final line taking you back to Gryfice. After a couple of years of revitalisation the rolling stock has a new colour design and more comfortable, elegant equipment. The carriages have a heating system and modern toilets. Inside, there are also LED screens. As part of the revitalisation programme, three new stations have been built: in Niechorze, Trzęsacz and Śliwin.
Stacje na terenie gminy Rewal:
- stacja Trzęsacz – ruiny kościoła na klifie,
- stacja Rewal,
- stacja Śliwin,
- stacja Niechorze – Latarnia Morska,
- stacja Pogorzelica – trasa wokół jeziora Liwia Łuża – rezerwatu ptactwa wodnego
The local peculiarity of the place is the Baltic Cross of Hope – a 19-metre replica of the Giewont Mountain Cross, built on 14 May 2007
The oldest locality in the Commune situated on the 15th meridian of longitude east, and its tourist attraction at a European scale include the ruins of St. Nicolas church,
Administrative and cultural centre of the Commune which is attractive on account of celebrity concerts and cabaret evenings.
is an ideal location for fans of agro tourism, far from the crowd and noise of the city life,
situated between the Baltic, Liwka Canal, and Lake Liwia Łuża is a paradise for anglers, and also a place where fresh fish can be bought straight from a fishing boat. However, the main attractions of Niechorze include a 45-metre lighthouse situated on a hill of 1866 and also the Park of Miniature Light Houses
The easternmost locality of the Commune of Rewal, situated among pine forests, an ideal place for amateurs of mushroom picking and forest wandering,
It is also worth visiting:
- Kołobrzeg – merely 54 km from Pobierowo, a seaside resort and trading port, where it is worth seeing: the lighthouse from 1945, the Monument to Commemorate Poland’s Wedding to the Sea, The Polish Arms Museum and taking a stroll down the promenade along the sea shore.
- Miedzyzdroje – to climb Kawcza Góra with a magnificent view or to visit the Woliński National Park with its bison enclosure, Wax Figure Museum and, finally, to stroll along the beautiful pier and Star Promenade
- Kamień Pomorski – to see the magnificent organs of 1672 inside St. John the Baptist Romano-Gothic Cathedral or to listen to a concert by participants of an annual Festival of Organ and Chamber Music.
- Świnoujście – called the land of 44 islands with one of the broadest beaches in Poland to see: the lighthouse – the tallest on the Baltic and the longest in Europe stone breakwater of 1400 metres and the West Breakwater of 350 metres built in 1818-1923, lovers of militaria will surely get interested in the Prussian Gerhard forts on the Wolin Island and the Angel Fort on the Uznam Island.
- Gryfice – where it is a must to see an open-air museum of narrow gauge railway with old steam-engines and vehicles assembled there and also to see an exhibition presenting the history of railway around the world and the history of narrow gauge railway in Western Pomerania
On foot, on horseback, by bicycle or holidays for the active ones
Bicycle trips along the seaside trails are made easy by the modern network of bicycle rentals „Reawl Bike System”, located in 3 places Pobierowo, Niechorze and Rewal.
Thanks to the system, it is possible to hire a bike and return it in any rental facility.
Stud farms in Rewal, Trzęsacz, Redliny and in Wrzosowo offer among others:
- lunge rides
- trips into the countryside
- carriage rides
- riding in a riding school
Paragliding and kitesurfing
Coastal currents of the Baltic Sea in this region create ideal conditions for practising windsurfing and kitesurfing, whereas the northerly winds ramming against the steep cliffs ensure unobstructed rising on paragliders.
Sport and recreation
With active people in mind, 3 sports complexes were created in the Commune and they are open all year round and ensure splendid training conditions for professionals and amateurs alike.
- Pobierowo – Complex of football pitches, volleyball courts and lawn tennis courts, playground for children, skate park: bank, quarter pipe, funbox, grindbox, miniramp and pyramid, skateboarding track which can be used for riding on a skateboard, bicycle and roller-skates and an open-air workout gym
- Rewal – Complex of sports fields, sports and entertainment arena, workout gym
- Niechorze – 2 football pitches, 4 tennis courts – synthetic surface, 2 multi-purpose sports fields (basketball, volleyball, light athletics track)
Skatepark: bank, ramp, quarter pipe, grindbox, rail, sports hall, volleyball courts, football pitches, handball courts and beach volleyball court – in the area by the Lighthouse
The use of all facilities and equipment is free of charge
Attractions for children
- Mini golf
- Rope Park
- Fun Park
- 8D Cinema
- „Upside-Down House”
- Fairy-tale Hut
- Whale Park
- Rope Park
- Butterfly House
- Park of Miniature Lighthouses
- Seaside Park of Miniatures and Railways
- Baltic Dinosaur Park
- Kamień Pomorski:
- Museum of Stones inside the 14th century Wolin Tower
- Horseback riding
- Multimedia Museum on the Cliff